At Independent Rehabilitation Services, we believe that maximising movement is integral to achieving your goals.
Physiotherapists are experts in the assessment, diagnosis and management of disorders of function and movement, and work with you to ensure your physical potential is at it’s best.
Our experienced physiotherapists specialise in providing services to people who have experienced an Acquired Brain Injury or other neurological conditions. We also work with many clients in the disability sector. We work with each person to develop a tailored plan to ensure you reach your maximum functional ability and are safe and able to participate in your community.
Assessment and treatment is conducted in your home and community, with family and support workers in attendance as required. The physiotherapy program is based around functional tasks so optimal outcomes can be achieved.
Integration of therapy into your everyday life is vital to our role as community-based physiotherapists. This may include training of family and support workers to ensure continuity of the rehabilitation program and the best outcomes for you.
A physiotherapy programme may include:
- Gait re-education
- Balance and coordination re-training
- High level mobility re-training including returning to running or sport
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Upper limb re-training
- Posture and seating evaluation and management
- Prescription of exercise programme
- Gym program development and review
- Liaison with Recreation Specialists, Orthotists or other Health Professionals
- Comprehensive training of family and support workers
We’re here to help and if you have any questions about physiotherapy or a physiotherapy program that meets your needs please contact us.
Find out about our physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology NDIS services.