At Independent Rehabilitation Services, we believe that maximising movement is integral to achieving your goals.
Physiotherapists are experts in the assessment, diagnosis and management of disorders of function and movement and work with you to ensure your physical potential is at its best.
Our experienced Physiotherapists specialise in providing services to people who have experienced an Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury or other neurological conditions. We also work with many clients in the disability sector. We work with each person to develop an individually tailored plan, to ensure you reach your maximum functional ability and are safe and able to participate in your community.
Assessment and treatment is conducted in your home and community, with family and support workers in attendance as required. The Physiotherapy program is based around functional tasks so optimal outcomes can be achieved.
Integration of therapy into your everyday life is vital to our role as community-based Physiotherapists. This may include training of family and support workers to ensure continuity of the rehabilitation program and the best outcomes for you.
A physiotherapy programme may include:
Improving your mobility:
- Gait retraining
- Balance and coordination retraining
- Prescription of mobility aids (walkers, wheelchairs)
- High level mobility training including returning to running, sport, or something more extreme.
Improving your strength and movement:
- Upper limb retraining
- Prescription of home-based exercise programs
- Gym program development and review
- LSVT BIG program
- Prescription of assistive equipment
Managing your pain:
- Persistent pain management
- Posture and seating evaluation and management
Improving overall quality of life:
- Identifying and progressing toward goals that are important to you
- Increasing physical activity levels
- Building confidence and self-efficacy
Increasing access to your community
- Enabling access to community groups and resources
- Enabling access to recreation and activity groups
- Enabling access to work and study
Managing your dizziness:
- Vestibular assessment and rehabilitation
Managing your muscle tone:
- Spasticity and tone assessments
- Rehabilitation and equipment provision
Working with your support team:
- Collaborating with your OT, Neuropsychologist, medical team, Orthotists, or other Health Professionals
- Comprehensive training of family and support workers
We’re here to help and if you have any questions about Physiotherapy or a Physiotherapy program that meets your needs please call us on (03) 9885 2533, email email@example.com or visit our Contact page for more information including our referral forms.
Find out about our physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology NDIS services.