At Independent Rehabilitation Services, we believe that quality of life improves with independence.
Occupational Therapists (OTs) are specialists in assisting people to enhance their quality of life by maximising their independence and engagement in activities of daily living.
Our experienced Occupational Therapists specialise in providing services to people who have experienced an Acquired Brain Injury, any other neurological event or various other disabilities. We work with you to ensure you reach your maximum functional ability and are safely integrated into your community and are participating in the activities you like to do.
Clients can be seen in our treatment rooms or in the home with family and support workers in attendance as required. Occupational Therapy intervention focusses on functional tasks so that optimal participation in ever day activities can be achieved.
Integration of therapy into your everyday life is vital to our role as community based therapists. This may include training of family and carers to ensure continuity of the rehabilitation programme and the best outcomes for you.
An Occupational Therapy program may include:
- Assessment and treatment to maximise independent living skills such as personal care and domestic skills
- Community reintegration including public transport training and return to leisure based activities
- Development of a Support Worker Program
- Home modification assessments
- Equipment prescription such as wheelchairs, bathroom aids and scooters
- Upper limb assessment and treatment
- Cognitive intervention including memory, planning and organizing strategies explored.
- Driving assessments (Read more…)
- Holiday Planning (Read more…)
We’re here to help. Please contact us with any questions you may have about Occupational Therapy or your Occupational Therapy program. Contact Us