Therapy services available Australia wide
Telehealth is the use of video calls for appointments with your therapist. You may have used video calls such as FaceTime or Skype before to speak with friends or family, or seen video calls used on TV when a TV host is interviewing a guest.
Using our Telehealth platform we are able to provide Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology services across Australia.
What happens at an IRS Telehealth appointment?
At the telehealth appointment, you (and your support person if you choose to have one) will meet your therapist via a secure video link. You will see your therapist on the screen and will be able to talk with them as you would in a face-to-face appointment.
IRS Telehealth is easy to use on your computer, tablet or mobile. Here are some of the great interactive features
- Contact less therapy – our clinicians can deliver therapy without the need for face to face contact.
- Convenient – join live audio and video from anywhere brings our therapy services to everyone
- Flexible – use your computer, tablet or mobile without the need to create an account.
- Interactive – appointments can be interactive through screen sharing and annotations.
- Greater access – makes our services more accessible especially for rural and remote clients, accessing services that may be difficult or unavailable.
Is IRS Telehealth suitable for me?
Telehealth is being used more and more by therapists (as well as doctors and nurses) to provide healthcare when it is not possible to see someone face to face. Researchers have found that in many therapy situations telehealth can be just as beneficial as seeing a therapist face to face, but every person and situation is different. Your therapist will discuss your individual needs further as well as checking whether you or someone with you has the right equipment to use telehealth.
We provide services via Telehealth Australia wide.
Most funding bodies including National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Victorian Transport Accident Commission (TAC) and Medicare now cover telehealth costs for our services. If you are interested in arranging a telehealth session please contact your therapist or our office to confirm your appointment will be funded.
What you need for an IRS Telehealth appointment
Attending an IRS Telehealth appointment is easy and your therapist will guide you through setup.
- A computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone device with a camera. Make sure it is fully charged before the call
- A headset, or inbuilt microphone turned on in your device
- A good internet connection of at least 600kbps (up/down) and available data. (*1 hour Zoom call uses approximately 340MB of data*)
- A quiet, private room that is well lit
Get started with IRS Telehealth
If you would like to find out more about IRS Telehealth and how it can benefit you please speak to your therapist or call us on (03) 9885 2533.
Learn more about our allied health services.
Find out about our experienced allied health team.
Read how our physiotherapy team overcame the challenges of lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic using telehealth with our clients.