Working toward your NDIS goals
Independent Rehabilitation Services (IRS) is a registered service provider with NDIS and now has over 8 years of experience working with the scheme.
Allied health therapy in your home and community
We come and see you where you live, anywhere in Greater Melbourne, Mornington Peninsula and Geelong Surfcoast areas so that you don’t need to come to us. Also, we recognise that your family, friends, support workers and your local community all play a vital part in supporting you to get to where you want to go.
We are involved with NDIS participants working with Support Coordinators and Local Access Coordinators closely to help you achieve your goals.
Working with you to develop your independence
We work towards your goals as outlined in your NDIS plans, creating Service Agreements, using the NDIS Portal and requesting a variety of assistive technology (AT) equipment for our NDIS participants. Our occupational therapists are also experienced in conducting Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessments which has become an integral part of some participants’ NDIS needs.
We can help you learn and develop new skills such as;
- Everyday living tasks to assist you to plan your day, your budget, your shopping or your meals.
- Supporting you to explore opportunities for work or study.
- Helping you communicate effectively with others.
- Training to access the wider community in order to create social connections.
- Training towards becoming more independent with showering or cooking a meal.
- Increasing independence through the provision of equipment and adaptive aids.
- Supporting better access through recommendations for home modifications.
- Supporting you to access your local gym and/or hydrotherapy centre with the assistance of your support worker.
If you need to find out more about the types of support services that are funded or find out if you can get funding from the NDIS for the support you need, visit www.ndis.gov.au. If you need help understanding NDIS funding we can help you with that too, please call our team on (03) 9885 2533 or email email@example.com.
The hourly rate we charge for our services is set by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), the Australian government organisation that is responsible for managing the NDIS.
- Hourly rate – IRS therapy rates are in accordance with the NDIS Price Guide, currently $193.99/hour.
- Travel rate – In accordance with the NDIS Price Guide, travel to and from each visit will be billed at the current rate $193.99/hour. A maximum of 30 minutes each way can be billed. IRS charges a travel rate of $0.97/km and no more than $10.00 if travel through road tolls is required. Parking fees will be passed on in full.
- Cancellation policy – IRS requests two business days notice for cancellations. Where there is a short notice cancellation (or no show) the we will charge 100% of the fee associated with the activity in line with the NDIS Price Guide.
You can find out more about NDIS pricing in the NDIS Price Guide. NDIS pricing can be complex, so if you need help or have any questions please contact our team on (03) 9885 2533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get started
We will require your NDIS plan so that we can assess your needs and goals, as we have found that in our experience, reviewing your plan helps to achieve better outcomes together. We also ask for at least 15 hours for each service you engage (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Speech Pathology), so we can provide an effective service focused on achieving your goals.
Don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions (03) 9885 2533 or email us at email@example.com.