Working toward your NDIS goals
Independent Rehabilitation Services (IRS) is a registered service provider with NDIS and now has over two years of community based experience working with adults in this scheme.
Allied health therapy in your home and community
We come and see you where you live, anywhere in Melbourne so that you don’t need to come to us. Also, we recognise that your family, friends, support workers and your local community all play a vital part in supporting you to get to where you want to go.
We are involved with NDIS participants throughout inner and outer Melbourne, working with Support Coordinators and Local Access Coordinators to help you achieve your goals.
Working with you to develop your independence
We work towards your goals as outlined in your NDIS plans, creating Service Agreements, using the NDIS Portal and requesting a variety of assistive technology (AT) equipment for our NDIS participants. Our occupational therapists are also experienced in conducting Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessments which has become an integral part of some participants’ NDIS needs.
We can help you learn and develop new skills such as;
- Everyday living tasks to assist you to plan your day, your budget, your shopping or your meals.
- Supporting you to explore opportunities for work or study.
- Helping you communicate effectively with others.
- Training to access the wider community in order to create social connections.
- Training towards becoming more independent with showering or cooking a meal.
- Increasing independence through the provision of equipment and adaptive aids.
- Supporting better access through recommendations for home modifications.
- Supporting you to access your local gym and/or hydrotherapy centre with the assistance of your support worker.
If you need to find out more about the types of support services that are funded or find out if you can get funding from the NDIS for the support you need, visit www.ndis.gov.au. If you need help understanding NDIS funding we can help you with that too, please call our team on (03) 9885 2533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hourly rate we charge for our services is set by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), the Australian government organisation that is responsible for managing the NDIS.
- Hourly rate – IRS therapy rates are in accordance with the NDIS Price Guide, currently $193.99/hour
- Travel rate – travel to and from each visit will be billed at the current rate $193.99/hour. A maximum of 30 minutes each way can be billed in accordance with the NDIS Price Guide.
- Cancellation policy – IRS requests two business days notice for cancellations. Where there is a short notice cancellation (or no show) the we will charge 100% of the fee associated with the activity in line with the NDIS Price Guide.
You can find out more about NDIS pricing in the NDIS Price Guide. NDIS pricing can be complex, so if you need help or have any questions please contact our team on (03) 9885 2533 or email email@example.com.
How to get started
We will require your NDIS plan so that we can assess your needs and goals, as we have found that in our experience, reviewing your plan helps to achieve better outcomes together. We also ask for at least 15 hours for each service you engage (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Speech Pathology), so we can provide an effective service focused on achieving your goals.
Don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions (03) 9885 2533 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read our NDIS FAQ’s
We have over three years experience working with NDIS participants. During that time we have found that seeing a participant's full plan helps us to achieve better outcomes together.
Seeing your plan helps us to:
- Understand your goals and the available supports before we meet you
- Support you to prioritise your goals
- Discuss openly what we can achieve with the available resources
- Support you to engage other services so that you get the most out of your funding
- Communicate clearly with your providers and support networks
- Write more accurate reports to help you get the funding you require in future NDIS plans
- Request funding for areas of unmet need. It can be difficult to ascertain areas of unmet needs without seeing the plan.
- Know quickly which providers you can engage to get assistive technology
- Reduce hours spent asking you for information about your plan
We understand that it is each participant's choice as to whether they choose to share their plan. We respect your right to choose who you share your plan with. Please be assured that we do not access any funding outside the services that you have engaged us to provide.
We understand if you do not want to share all sections of your plan. There are some areas we require in order to process a referral. This includes:
- The participant’s current address
- Plan dates
- Plan goals
- A snapshot of the Improved Daily Living Budget
- A snapshot of the AT Budget (if applicable)
We ask for at least 15 hours for each service you engage (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Speech Pathology). This is essential for us to provide an effective service. Anything less would only allow us to complete an initial assessment, recommendations, and some minor interventions.
An example of how these hours might be used:
- Preparation for the initial assessment- liaising with you, your providers and support networks. Completing a risk assessment and reviewing referral documents: 0.5 hours
- Initial Assessment: 2 hours
- Travel to your home and NDIS planning meeting: 3 - 4 hours depending on location
- NDIS planning report and completion of outcome measures: 3 - 4 hours
- Attend NDIS planning meeting: 1 - 2 hours
- Remaining hours used as required for complex assessments or intervention
We understand that funding is not always available to allocate 15 hours to each discipline. If you need to allocate less than 15 hours, we will discuss with you what goals can be achieved in the amount of time allocated.
We bill for travel in line with the NDIS Price Guide. This states that travel can be billed up to 30 minutes of travel each way per visit. Please note that travel will only be billed as required.
A service agreement will be drafted and sent to you. This service agreement outlines the support to be provided under your NDIS plan and how much funding has been allocated to each discipline. Once this is sent, you will be placed on a waitlist to be allocated to a therapist. As soon as a therapist is allocated, they will contact you within 24 hours. The therapist will then take the service agreement to be signed at your initial appointment, along with a consent form.
Our intake team can help you with questions about the referral process or waiting times.
Once you have met your therapist, they will be a good reference point for any questions about any aspect of your therapy.
You are also welcome to contact our office and provide feedback via email, mail or telephone. You can also provide this feedback anonymously.
Phone: (03) 9885 2533
Mail: Independent Rehabilitation Services, 47A Karnak Road Ashburton 3147.