Today we meet April who has joined our OT team and loves the diversity and challenge of being an OT.
We asked April to share a little bit about herself.
April, why did you become an OT?
“Because I knew I would never be bored! OT is so diverse and I loved the idea of being able to align my career with my interests.”
And what do you love about being an OT?
- Seeing people achieve goals that are meaningful to them.
- Connecting with patients and understanding what motivates them.
- No one day is ever the same!
Could you share with us your 3 favourite things?
- Spending time with my family – especially playing with my nieces and nephews
- Music, I love soul and gospel the most!
- Travelling (when I can!)
Finally, what is your fondest memory to date in your OT career?
This would have to be a few years ago when I saw a patient who came into hospital after having a stroke. He desperately wanted to return home for his rehab however required complex equipment and training for his family.
His family really banded together to be trained by us and safely transition home. Seeing him leave the hospital that day with a huge smile on his face was fantastic.