Referral and Intake Coordinator
Permanent Full Time.
Who we are
Independent Rehabilitation Services (IRS) are Melbourne’s leading provider of community based neurological rehabilitation and disability services, with more than 20 years experience in the field.
Our Allied Health team has an outstanding reputation with our clients and families, and the providers we work with, in delivering exceptional person centred services. The Business Support Team (BeST Team) is the glue that binds us, and works to maintain a cohesive relationship between the Allied Health team, our clients and providers, to ensure the best quality care is delivered. Our services are underpinned by our values which are integrity, expertise, respect, inclusivity, inspiration, and leading change.
As part of the IRS team you will be well supported in a workplace that values your professional and personal development to help you reach your career goals.
What you’ll be doing
As part of the BeST team, you can expect variety each day as part of a fast paced and exciting work environment. Here are some of things you can expect to be doing:
- You will be responsible for a range of new client intake administrative processes for TAC, NDIS, and Workcover clients, including processing of service agreements, portal service bookings, confirmation of funding for all referrals, and gathering and processing of all relevant intake documentation.
- You will be responsible for reviewing all new referrals, and verifying and confirming all required referral information.
- You will be responsible for intake administrative processes for current NDIS clients, including confirming updated NDIS plan information and processing new NDIS service agreements.
- You will be completing a variety of administrative duties, such as maintaining the presentation of our new office and responding to phone calls and enquiries.
- You will be using your high level digital skills for emails, managing appointments, data entry, and maintaining electronic client records.
- You will be pivotal in creating and maintaining positive relationships with clients, staff, external providers and client referrers.
- You will attend staff and team meetings.
- You will participate in the IRS Performance Enhancement Program and supervision program.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Previous experience within an administration role in healthcare (essential).
- Previous experience or interest working within the disability sector.
- The ability to learn new information and work in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to work independently and take direction.
- The ability to work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Excellent organisation, time management and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in order to maintain professional relationships.
- Digital literacy skills (Google Workspace/Microsoft 365 and MYOB knowledge desirable)
- Knowledge of infection control, hand hygiene, PPE requirements and social distancing measures.
- CPR and manual handling training, or willingness to participate in CPR and manual handling training annually.
The benefits you get
- Ongoing support from our experienced BeST and Leadership Teams, both professionally and personally. Whether this be supervision in the office, or a walk around the block for a chat, our team is here to support you.
- A wide range of opportunities for project work and ongoing professional development.
- The opportunity to attend social events throughout the year, both within the office and outside of work, such as fundraising lunches, team dinners and winery tours.
- We offer a competitive salary and flexible leave options, such as cultural leave.
- The opportunity to grow your career at IRS through active participation in our Performance Enhancement Program.
We are inclusive
At Independent Rehabilitation Services we have developed a culture of inclusivity and respect amongst our employees. We are committed to equality and diversity and value the positive impact that difference has on our team. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences to apply.
If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by close of business Friday 8th July 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Maddie Bright (Practice Manager) on (03) 9885 2533 or to find out more about us and our people visit independent-rehab.com.au.
See all our available jobs.