Physiotherapist Grade 3
Home & Community Based Neuro, Rehab and Disability
Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $106,000 – $121,000
Who we are
Independent Rehabilitation Services (IRS) are Melbourne’s leading provider of community based neurorehabilitation and disability services, with more than 20 years experience in the field. We work with adults with various neurological conditions and disabilities.
Our allied health team has an outstanding reputation with our clients and families, and the providers that we work with, in delivering exceptional person centred services. Our services are underpinned by our values which include integrity, expertise, respect and leading change.
As part of the IRS team you will be well supported in a workplace that values your professional and personal development to help you achieve high quality outcomes for your clients and reach your career goals.
What you’ll be doing
As a community based physiotherapist, no two days are same, but here’s some of the things you can expect to be doing:
- You will manage a complex clinical caseload, including working with clients with TBI, stroke, Spinal Cord Injuries, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and other neurological diagnoses in a rehabilitation and disability setting.
- You will complete a diverse range of goal-directed intervention, such as delivering gym and hydrotherapy programs, tone and postural management programs, upper limb rehabilitation, vestibular intervention and much more
- You will support clients to achieve their goals at home and in the community. Our physiotherapists have worked with clients to get back to activities like bike riding, rock climbing, and stand up paddle boarding, just to name a few.
- You will be accountable to your intervention through goal setting and the use of outcome measures for your clients, underpinned by evidence based practice.
- You will take a person centred approach, and advocate for your clients’ needs with various providers such as TAC, NDIS and equipment suppliers.
- As part of the physiotherapy team, you will be actively involved in team meetings, journal club, internal professional development and social catch ups.
- You will have opportunities to participate in various non-clinical internal projects, contributing to quality improvement initiatives to assist service development.
- You will have access to professional development including supervision, clinical mentoring and peer support, as well as external professional development supported by a very generous PD budget.
- You will have the opportunity to provide clinical supervision and mentoring to junior team members and students
- You will work closely with key stakeholders to achieve client outcomes and optimise IRS service delivery.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are passionate about working in community rehabilitation and disability, and embrace a complex and highly rewarding caseload.
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver
- You are a self motivated lifelong learner
- AHPRA registered Physiotherapist
- You have a car and current driver’s license
The benefits you get
- A well balanced caseload to suit your learning goals and clinical interests.
- Ongoing support from our experienced team leaders and allied health team, both clinically and personally. Whether this be clinical mentoring, informal supervision in the office, or a walk around the block for a chat, our team is here to support you.
- A wide range of opportunities for project work and ongoing professional development both within the physiotherapy team and the wider multidisciplinary team, where you can grow your non clinical and leadership skills.
- We understand that you have a life outside of work, with children at school, family commitments, or sports practice on a Thursday afternoon. So you can decide your working hours to suit your lifestyle.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office, with your caseload within a defined catchment area.
- Regular formal supervision, clinical mentoring, peer support and buddy programs, and a performance enhancement program to support your development.
- Opportunities to attend social events throughout the year both within the office and outside of work. Over the past year we’ve done dumpling making, virtual pilates classes, ski trips and hiking weekends.
- We will provide you a mobile phone and laptop for all your clinical work, and ensure you are compensated for costs associated with client travel.
- We offer cultural leave, paid study leave and funding for professional development courses to support your learning.
We are inclusive
At Independent Rehabilitation Services we have developed a culture of inclusivity and respect amongst our employees. We are committed to equality and diversity and value the positive impact that difference has on our team. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences to apply.
If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Pribil (Business Manager) on (03) 9885 2533.