Occupational Therapist Grade 2
Home & Community Based Neuro, Rehab and Disability
Permanent Full Time or Part Time.
Who we are
Independent Rehabilitation Services are Melbourne’s leading provider of community based neuro rehab and disability services, with more than 20 years experience in the field. We work with adults with various neurological conditions and disabilities.
Our Allied Health team has an outstanding reputation with our clients and families, and the providers we work with, in delivering exceptional person centred services. Our services are underpinned by our values which are integrity, expertise, respect and leading change.
As part of the IRS team you will be well supported in a workplace that values your professional and personal development to help you achieve high quality outcomes for your clients and reach your career goals.
What you’ll be doing
As an OT at IRS, you’re supported from day one and will undertake our comprehensive induction program.
As a Community OT, no two days are same, but here’s some of the things you can expect to be doing:
- You will manage a caseload of clients, including working with clients with ABI, TBI, Stroke, Spinal Cord Injuries, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and other related diagnoses in a rehabilitation and disability setting.
- You will be working collaboratively with your clients (and members of the MDT) at home and in the community to help them achieve their goals. This will range from bread and butter OT such as ADLs, to helping clients get back into activities like cooking, attending art classes and driving.
- You will provide a range of assessments and interventions in different areas such as daily living, capacity, home modifications, equipment, wheelchairs, cognition and more.
- You will be accountable for your intervention through goal setting and the use of outcome measures with your clients, underpinned by evidence based practice.
- You will take a person centred approach, and advocate for your clients’ needs with various providers such as TAC, NDIS and equipment suppliers.
- You will be actively involved in team meetings, journal club, and social catch ups, as well as opportunities to participate in various non-clinical internal projects.
- You’ll have access to professional development including internal opportunities such as supervision, clinical mentoring and peer support, as well as external professional development supported by a very generous PD budget.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are passionate about working in community rehabilitation and disability, and embrace a complex and highly rewarding caseload
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver
- You are a self motivated lifelong learner
- You are an AHPRA registered Occupational Therapist
- You have a car and current drivers license
The benefits you get
- A well balanced caseload to suit your learning goals and clinical interests.
- Ongoing support from our experienced team leaders and allied health team, both clinically and personally. Whether this be clinical mentoring, supervision in the office, or a walk around the block for a chat, our team is here to support you.
- A wide range of opportunities for project work and ongoing professional development both within the OT team and the wider MDT, where you can grow your non clinical and leadership skills.
- We understand that you have a life outside of work, with children at school, family commitments, or sports practice on a Thursday afternoon. So you can decide your working hours to suit your lifestyle.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office, with your caseload within a defined catchment area.
- Regular formal supervision, clinical mentoring, peer support and buddy programs, and a performance enhancement program to support your development.
- Our social teams organise events throughout the year both within the office and outside of work. Over the past year we have had fundraising lunches, dinners and winery tours.
- We will provide you a mobile phone and laptop for all your clinical work, and ensure you are compensated for costs associated with client travel.
- We offer opportunities for flexible leave such as cultural leave, paid study leave and funding for professional development courses to support your learning.
We are inclusive
At Independent Rehabilitation Services we have developed a culture of inclusivity and respect amongst our employees. We are committed to equality and diversity and value the positive impact that difference has on our team. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences to apply.
If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Pribil (Business Manager) on (03) 9885 2533.
See all our available jobs.