The team at Independent Rehabilitation Services has been awarded the Communication Access Symbol, which recognises the work we do in making our communities inclusive for people with communication difficulties.
Awarding IRS the symbol recognises that:
• our staff have positive and welcoming attitudes towards all customers
• people with communication difficulties will be given time to get their message across
• important written information is available in different formats
• communication boards are available on request
• our phone service is communication friendly and our staff are confident with using the National Relay Service.
We are proud to display the Communication Access Symbol to demonstrate our commitment to accessible communications so that people with communication disabilities can access, participate and be included in their local communities.
Communication access aims to create a world where people who have communication difficulties are able to communicate successfully with everyone, everywhere.