At Independent Rehabilitation Services we believe that maximising communication is integral to achieving your goals.
Speech Pathologists are experts in the assessment, diagnosis and management of disorders of speech, language, voice and swallowing and work with you to maximise your communication and swallowing potential.
Our experienced Speech Pathologists specialise in providing services to people who have experienced an Acquired Brain Injury, various other neurological events and clients in the disability sector. We work with each person to develop a tailored plan to ensure you communicate to the best of your ability or that your swallowing is safe.
As an integral part of our Allied Health team, Speech Pathologists assess, and provide intervention for:
- Weak facial muscles and slurred speech (dysarthria)
- Difficulty swallowing food and/or fluid (dysphagia)
- Difficulty comprehending language and expressing thoughts and ideas verbally (dysphasia)
- Cognitive functions including memory, planning and organizing
- Reading and writing
Assessment and treatment is conducted in the home or community with family and carers in attendance as required. Re-integration into the community and increasing participation in all activities is the cornerstone of our rehabilitation programme.
Training of family and support workers is an integral part of treatment to ensure continuity of the rehabilitation programme and optimal outcomes.
A speech pathology therapy programme may include the development of:
- Talking, listening, reading and writing for everyday living, education and work
- Memory strategies
- Learning and literacy
- Social Skills
- Use of additional communication aids, including voice output communication devices and ipad apps
- Swallowing and eating
We’re here to help. Please contact us with any questions you may have about speech pathology or your speech pathology program. Contact Us
If you are not satisfied with our Speech Pathology service, please contact us on 98852533. We take complaints seriously and aim to resolve them quickly and fairly.
If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC responds to complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria. Their service is free, confidential and impartial. To lodge a complaint with the HCC:
- Fill out a complaint form online at hcc.vic.gov.au or
- Phone 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint.